As if having 7 animals to look after wasn't enough now I've decided to cook for everyone. Then I woke up to myself: I live in Australia, why would I even bother doing a full roast with heaps of cooking and stress, it's going to be 38C on Christmas day! So it's turned into just bringing out the ham my dad scored in his work Christmas hamper, buying a hot chicken and making a few salads. Plus now we're probably going to be doing it all at my parents house since it's going to be so bloody hot - they have a pool.
What I'm trying to share in an awkward roundabout way is the dessert I will be purchasing semi making: the pavlova.
Named after and in honour of Anna Pavlova the Russian ballerina who apparently toured Australia and New Zealand in the 1920's. It has been a source of much debate between our 2 countries which nationality actually invented it. New Zealand apparently are the more probable originator, but either way it is delicious.
![]() |
| One hell of a ballerina, I'm guessing |
It's a meringue based dessert dish which I always choose as my birthday cake but also very popular at Christmas. It has a crispy crust and soft inner and piled on top is traditionally cream and seasonal fruits plus passion fruit.
The Cheesecake Shop here do an excellent version and unlike that place Penny works at on the Big Bang Theory actually just sells cheesecakes (and pavlovas obviously and a few cakes). It's not the prettiest dessert, although the topping does help so I'm not sure if any amount of food porn images would help but I''ll try anyway.



No comments:
Post a Comment