I’ll admit an untimely fact. I
never watched An Inconvenient Truth.
I wouldn’t say I was a global warming
sceptic, but I had my doubts.
But over Christmas we suffered through the
hottest Christmas period of awful hot days in a row than I can remember. We’re
talking about 7 days in a row with it being over 38C (100F) and going into 42C
(107F), I’m not usually a whinger, I live in Australia we always have hot
Summers and we’re used to little or no rainfall but I think because of how long
it went on, it got unbearable. I had my much anticipated 2 weeks off over Christmas
with a lot of big plans but it was literally too hot to do much of anything
that didn’t involve air conditioning or a body of water. I’m taking my holidays
in autumn next time. Our weather chart had to be altered to include a new
colour (purple) for temperatures 50C and above. Yikes.
So I guess I’m a believer now, which fits in with my generally hippy ideals anyway.
In other news…
My litter feral (I now know is
a girl) Kasey has come out of her shell in leaps and bounds. While still
frightened to enjoy being picked up for long, she loves a pat and purrs! This is
amazing to me.
![]() |
| From this grumpy girl... |
![]() |
| To this purr machine! And her foster sibling, Leo. I also have Donna, not pictured. |




No comments:
Post a Comment