Friday, February 05, 2010

Moving out

I am nearly 26 and I have finally moved out. Sort of. My boyfriend has bought his first house and I am pretty much living there.
At the moment though I haven't moved much of my stuff in, since his crap is still in boxes all round the place, and I can't stand the thought of adding even more clutter to it, the house just is not big enough.
So it's a 3 x 1, built in the 70s with some ridiculous purple (and I love purple) carpet in the games room, but of course it's his favourite room as it has a huge bar in it, which is proudly displaying about 15 bottles of alcohol including some hold made red skin vodka. I don't want to bring my vanilla vodka over, for fear of it all getting drunk at the house warming party. It's good stuff especially with red creaming soda..mmm.

Anyway the kitchen's small, the bathroom is fabulously retro (read the sarcasm) and there are no walk in robes. It's practically archaic. Just kidding. It's a first home, and personally I'm glad it's not a McMansion with 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, a theatre room, games room, formal dining and lounge. I mean come on. There's 2 people and an energetic dog living here. How much room do we need? Sure the kitchen is tiny and annoying to cook fancy meals in, but it can get upgraded. Eventually. And surprisingly it has not taken as long as I thought to feel like a home. I'm getting there after nearly 2 weeks. And I've lived in my last home since I was 12, so you know a lot of memories. Now all I need is to convince the One Who Has The Mortgage (i.e. the boyfriend, forever on known as TOWHTM...then again, maybe not) to let me get a cat.

Can I throw in a random 'how cute was...' for Mel Gibson? Nowadays he gives off a bit of a douchey vibe what with the whole divorcing of the long suffering wife and now another freakin baby on the way. Isn't this like his 8th?
Although saying that I could never completely dislike him, since he grew up in Australia and used to sound Australian. And because he used to look like this:



Seriously how cute? And his little blue heeler with his bandana too. I don't think the first Mad Max was as popular in America because all the google images I could find were mostly from Mad Max 2. Funnily enough a picture of Val Kilmer in Willow popped up as an image result too. Heh, I guess they are kind of similar, maybe when Mel was in Braveheart anyway. Now that I think about it, in Sweet Valley Senior Year, Ken Matthews asks his dad if he wants to watch The Road Warrior which I thought was odd as it's the sequel but he called it The Road Warrior and not Mad Max 2 which would seem more sensible. Okay now looking for sensible in a SV book. But then again most people think Terminator 2 is better than the original, and might prefer that to T1.
Anyway I am clearly rambling when all I wanted to say was: What happened Mel?

1 comment:

Amber said...

I just saw Mad Max for the first time last week. Mel Gibson should reclaim his Australian accent. It actually added to his cuteness.